Many people are switching to smart timers, and we are often asked which one is the best. While they all have similarities there are only 3 that we recommend.
RACHIO- (8 station) $179
No. 1 rated, and reviewed; the best-selling smart watering category leader overwhelmingly recommended by users
Unbeatable usability; download the Rachio app to care for your lawn remotely with your smartphone, tablet, or laptop; exclusive remote design enables one touch run, pause, and skip between zones
Adapts to local weather; Rachio Weather Intelligence uses comprehensive weather data to automatically adjust your irrigation schedule based on the latest local forecasts
Save water, and money; reduce your water bill by up to 50% while keeping your garden healthy; EPA WaterSense certified - eligible for utility rebates of up to 100% off (check your local water provider)
Customize to your lawn; replace zone numbers with names, and photos; add input details like plant type, and sun exposure to let Rachio automatically water your lawn with exactly what it needs to thrive
Most-connected controller; works with top smart-home platforms including Amazon Alexa, the Google Assistant, IFTTT, and Nest - more than any other smart sprinkler controller
Easy installation; install it yourself replace any controller - no special tools, or expertise required
Best-in-Class customer support; help is available whenever you need it (yes even on weekends)
Outdoor installation option; fully weatherproof outdoor enclosure available here with hardwiring power option
HUNTER Hydra-wise (6 Station) $169
• Touchscreen Interface: The Pro-HC controller has a full graphical touchscreen interface which makes it easy to program, and start manually.
• Predictive Watering™ Adjustments: Daily schedule adjustments (based on local weather data) monitor past, current, and forecasted temperature, rainfall, humidity, and wind speed. This allows for adjustments of watering times, and schedules to balance water savings with water efficiency for plants.
• Flow Meter Detection And Alerts: Monitor the state of the piping system with an optional flow meter. Receive automatic alerts when a pipe is broken to prevent property damage.
• Wiring Detection and Alerts: The Pro-HC controller continuously monitors the electrical current flowing to solenoid valves. If the current is too high or too low, Hydrawise will alert you, and tell you which valve is not working properly. This allows you to fix a failed valve before damage is done to the landscape.
• Advanced Sensor Ports: Two general purpose sensor ports can be used for many different functions. Sensor ports work with Hunter HC flow meters, Hunter Clik and standard rain, and soil sensors to stop irrigation. The sensor ports can also start an irrigation cycle. This allows you to create custom starts based on sensor readings.
• Built to Last: The Pro-HC features a double-door design which makes it extremely durable in all weather conditions. It also includes large terminal strips for easy installation of solenoid wiring.
Ask your local water district about rebates
ORBIT Hyve (6 Station) $99
No more watering in the wind, and rain with the weather based Wi-Fi sprinkler timer from Orbit; you can set your timer to automatically stop watering during bad weather, or shut it off with your phone, tablet, or computer from anywhere in the world
Easy, and convenient programming from our application, the web, and at the timer
Powerfully smart features including live weather feed and auto-adjusting capabilities for seasons or inclement weather which will save you water, and money
Pre-installed line cord allows for easy plug in installations, or can be cut for hardwired installations
All-weather cabinet for installation inside or outdoors
Swing panel with spacious wiring cabin
Available in 6, and 12 stations
Quick, and easy installation and set-up
For irrigation applications only
Timer is EPA WaterSense, and SWAT certified
up to $49 rebate